May 27, 2010

Playdate

Sunday, I took Mango to one of his monthly requirements. Instead of going with what I always have, to my puppy counselor's obedience class, I took him to a puppy play date instead. It was a BLAST! Mango and I both had a lot of fun. At the peak of the whole thing, there was probably 18 to 20 dogs there, all of them playing with each other. Mango found a new best friend, named Jackie, who actually lives in the same town as me!
I got feedback from the puppy counselor as to his behavior, and she was very encouraging. Mango had a great time playing with the other dogs, and was actually really gentle around the little puppy that was there. All in all, I was very impressed with his behavior and it was an amazing experience.

Now, on to pictures!


Mango and Jackie


They had an entire pool filled with ice, which was great because it was very hot and sunny that day. It was just a kiddie pool, but the dogs could both lay in it and eat the ice. Ice is one of Mango's favorite treats, and he fell in love with the pool! There were a couple other dogs more aggressive than Mango that kept taking the pool as theirs, which is how I learned that Mango is much more submissive that I had earlier thought, which is great for Leader Dog training.


Mango playing with some of the other dogs at the event.


Mango playing with the second youngest puppy. He was actually fairly gentile, and that puppy put up with his crap really well! He played with this puppy almost as much as Jackie. She actually reminded me alot of Mango when he was a puppy.



Mango was really enjoying that pool of ice. I really need to get him one, he
LOVED it.


Mango and I making a paw-print stepping stone. It was super special, and something I didn't even expect!


We just finished with his paw print. It was really hot, and he just wanted to be out of there!

No comments:

Post a Comment